Here at Epigem, much of our focus is in the development and manufacture of microfluidics. Our in depth knowledge and the expertise of our team, coupled with advanced research and in-house manufacturing facilities, have meant that we can produce innovative and pioneering microfluidic devices. These products have a wide range of applications such as smart packaging, green energy, life sciences and electronic displays.
Key features and benefits of Epigem’s polymer microfluidic devices
- Large (up to 1mm) and small (sub 100 micron) features can be combined onto a single chip.
- Wide range of sizes (from 10 mm x 10mm up to A4) and thicknesses (typically from 1mm up to 10mm) available. If you require thinner or thicker devices, please contact us.
- The surface chemistry or surface energy / wettability inside the channels can be chemically changed to meet specific application requirements.
- Electrodes can be integrated into a chip for dielectric separation or electrochemical detection.
- Available with integrated pneumatically-operated valves to regulate flow.
- Disposable – chips can be easily replaced within a composite device, reducing the cost.
- Can be multi-layered, providing greater functionality within a limited footprint.
- Fluids can be introduced both horizontally and vertically.
- Have low mass requiring minimal energy to heat.
- Capable of supporting or suppressing electro-osmotic flow (EOF).
If you’d like to discuss any of our microfluidics or our printed electronics in any more detail, please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 01642 496300, or alternatively, you can contact us using our contact form.
Due to the wide range of designs possible, we do not currently offer any standard or catalogue items. We can however, design and manufacture devices to meet your requirements. More information about this is located in the microfluidic services section.